WHAT IF I WAS TO TELL YOU THAT 20 JUMBO JETS FULL OF CHILDREN WILL CRASH TODAY, & TOMORROW, & ON & ON...? Would you be concerned? THAT IS WHY WE RUN.

  • Some 6,000 children die every day from disease associated with lack of access to safe drinking water, inadequate sanitation and poor hygiene – equivalent to 20 jumbo jets crashing every day.
  • Water-related illnesses are the leading cause of human sickness and death
  • In the past 10 years, diarrhea has killed more children than all the people lost to armed conflict since World War II.
  • 1.1 billion people in the world do not have access to safe drinking water, roughly one-sixth of the world’s population.
  • PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING: $30 provides safe drinking water for 1 person for a life time! TO DONATE, just follow this link.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Thank you for all your support


Dear colleagues,
I would like to thank you for all the support you've been giving me about my run around the world (16 countries, 15,200 miles, millions of lives saved). I appreciate all the encouragement you've provided in my application process, as well as the enthusiasm after I found out that I was selected. I am glad I can represent Miami University, the Czech Republic, and the U.S. on this epic journey. Even more, I am truly honored that I can make a difference in this alarming crisis; the main goal of the Blue Planet Run is to raise awareness and funding for the lack of access to drinking water. It is really a crisis of colossal proportions. Just consider the facts above.
If you want to find out more about the run and the cause, please visit the official website at www.blueplanetrun.org . I will also be updating this blog almost daily (eventually it will be hosted on the main BPR website). I just started, so not that much is here, but soon the adventures will unfold.
Once again, I sincerely appreciate all your support. I am not leaving for the world until around May 25th, so feel free to talk to me about water till then.
-David

P.S. I thought you would appreciate this picture of me when I was about 7. It is with "Kocka," my good old friend.

No comments: