WHAT IF I WAS TO TELL YOU THAT 20 JUMBO JETS FULL OF CHILDREN WILL CRASH TODAY, & TOMORROW, & ON & ON...? Would you be concerned? THAT IS WHY WE RUN.

  • Some 6,000 children die every day from disease associated with lack of access to safe drinking water, inadequate sanitation and poor hygiene – equivalent to 20 jumbo jets crashing every day.
  • Water-related illnesses are the leading cause of human sickness and death
  • In the past 10 years, diarrhea has killed more children than all the people lost to armed conflict since World War II.
  • 1.1 billion people in the world do not have access to safe drinking water, roughly one-sixth of the world’s population.
  • PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING: $30 provides safe drinking water for 1 person for a life time! TO DONATE, just follow this link.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Spider Man OUT; Water IN!


Hello my friends!
In one week, I will be at Lake Placid Olympic Training Center... the last stage of preparation for the Blue Planet Run. Wow, it's almost here. Just thinking about it makes my eyes teary. Tonight I went to watch Spider Man 3 with two of my friends (I'm not really into spider man, but went to spend time with friends before I leave). However, I couldn't just sit there. Half way through the movie I just walked out. I had too much to think about and the content of the movie was too, well, simplistic and unsubstantial. I'm not judging it; there is a time and place for everything; tonight I had bigger things to ponder over. I am about to embark on the biggest adventure of my life, one that will certainly change my life and lives of many others... So I drove to a nearby coffee shop and just thought about the upcoming days. Don't worry, I came back and picked up my friends (sorry Christina and Carrie).

Over the last several weeks I've been sending news about the Run to all the listserves possible. The last group of people took me the longest to e-mail--my friends. You know how it is sometimes--the most important thing sometimes takes the longest to do. With this last mailing, I'm done with mass e-mailing. Also, today I had an interview with Oxford Press. It should be in the Friday's (5/25) issue.

To those of you who are reading my blog for the first time--WELCOME! I hope you come back often. We are about to embark on an adventure of a lifetime. Please come along. Water is life, and we're running for hope!

4 comments:

Kaci said...

Way to go David! This is so exciting!! I'm very proud of you!!
One question though...is the 'team car' eco-friendly!?!?! You probably do not know this, but I am a total enviro nut now! Have a great time and good luck!!
-kaci mcvay

David said...

Hi Kaci!
Good hearing from you. I fully support your being an enviro nut. I'm trying to be one myself :-) "Does the world belong to us, or do we belong to the world?" -Ishmael (via D. Quinn). I am not sure about the team car being eco-friendly. However, I do know that we're trying to make it a "race without trace," and we are as environmentally friendly as possible.
Take care! -David

scrr said...

David,

Jay with the SCRR back in Minnesota. Congrats on being selected to run the BPR. You should be proud of yourself and what your doing. Have fun seeing the world. I am envious!!

David said...

Hi Jay!
Long time no see; I know, I feel very honored and fortunate to be on the BPR team. Can't wait for all the adventures. -David