WHAT IF I WAS TO TELL YOU THAT 20 JUMBO JETS FULL OF CHILDREN WILL CRASH TODAY, & TOMORROW, & ON & ON...? Would you be concerned? THAT IS WHY WE RUN.

  • Some 6,000 children die every day from disease associated with lack of access to safe drinking water, inadequate sanitation and poor hygiene – equivalent to 20 jumbo jets crashing every day.
  • Water-related illnesses are the leading cause of human sickness and death
  • In the past 10 years, diarrhea has killed more children than all the people lost to armed conflict since World War II.
  • 1.1 billion people in the world do not have access to safe drinking water, roughly one-sixth of the world’s population.
  • PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING: $30 provides safe drinking water for 1 person for a life time! TO DONATE, just follow this link.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Greetings, Wellsians!


Hello Wellsians!
Good to see that you take leadership of your own life. Following my e-mail, you decided to see my blog. I appreciate it. Don't worry; you don't have to donate anything. Sometime education is the biggest force one can acquire. I hope that by following my blog you will learn something about how precious water is. To tell you the truth, before I applied for this journey, I also didn't know how serious the issue was. Yet, it's never too late to start. It's never too late to decide to do something. What else is there to be done? Educate yourself more. Find out more about the water crisis. Water is the fundamental ingredient of life. Have you ever thought how long you can go without water, how very basic it is? This summer I will spend every day (with every 5th day off) running 10 miles, day after day, until we circle the globe. I will talk to thousands of people along the way, talking about water, life in general, and just connecting as human beings. I invite you to come along. It's going to be a ride of a lifetime, and you can be part of it. Feel free to e-mail me along the way, or leave replies on this blog. I'll try to reply. When I get back on September 4th, we can talk more in person about all the adventures. And maybe we can organize something on campus to educate others about water. I am looking forward to sharing the adventures with you. Water is life.
-David

(P.S. This post was to the residents of Wells Hall at Miami University, where I was a hall director this 2006-07 school year; but of course, is open to any viewer of my blog)

No comments: