WHAT IF I WAS TO TELL YOU THAT 20 JUMBO JETS FULL OF CHILDREN WILL CRASH TODAY, & TOMORROW, & ON & ON...? Would you be concerned? THAT IS WHY WE RUN.

  • Some 6,000 children die every day from disease associated with lack of access to safe drinking water, inadequate sanitation and poor hygiene – equivalent to 20 jumbo jets crashing every day.
  • Water-related illnesses are the leading cause of human sickness and death
  • In the past 10 years, diarrhea has killed more children than all the people lost to armed conflict since World War II.
  • 1.1 billion people in the world do not have access to safe drinking water, roughly one-sixth of the world’s population.
  • PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING: $30 provides safe drinking water for 1 person for a life time! TO DONATE, just follow this link.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Team Silver at our apartment in Prague

After a few days of running in Germany, it was time to drive home, the Czech Republic. At last! I was very excited as you can imagine. We left Leipzig on Saturday morning, and in early afternoon were already making our way though the streets of Prague (Praha for us Czechs). Since we were driving close to our apartment (the one where I grew up and where my family still lives) on the way to the hotel, I had the team quickly stop there. My sister wasn’t expecting me that early and was just in the shower when I rang the bell. She was very surprised to see me. I loved it. It was first time in the last 10 years that I didn’t come home by plane. I just showed up home; pretty cool. I ran up, talked to her and her boyfriend, dropped off my laundry, and went back to my team Silver downstairs.
We drove to our hotel, settled in, got massages, and then the whole team (Shiri, Mary, Emanuel, Francesco, and I) took the tram back to our apartment where my sister made us a great dinner. It was excellent. My dad and our dog Laska (“Love” in Czech) were there too, so it was pretty much a big party. The only person missing was my mom, who wouldn’t come back till Sunday morning from her trip in Croatia.

After the great food which I actually didn’t have much time to enjoy between translating constantly, we went for a walk through the city. From our apartment we walked to Wenceslas Square (Vaclavske Namesti), Old Town Square (Staromestske Namesti), the Charles Bridge (Karluv Most), and the Prague Castle (Prazsky Hrad). We pretty much saw the best of Prague in this evening, and the whole team was in awe of the beauty of Prague--and righty so. It indeed is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. After the 3 hour walk we all were quite tired, but still remembered that water is life, and life is good in the Czech Republic.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

David! I "laska" this entry! How wonderful that Team Silver got to meet your family! Maybe you can show me around Praha sometime?:) - Lindsey

Dáša said...

Dádo,
jsem moc ráda, že tak krásně píšeš o domově. Zdravím do Moskvy a držím palce pro počasí (v Dublinu je 11°C). V pátek 29.6.07 odjíždím do Irska a 7.7.07 se vracím. To vy už budete v Omsku a mířit budete do Novosibirsku. Co Tvoje ruština? Zbylo z ní něco?
Pozdravuji v Stříbrném týmu a hlavně se všichni opatrujte!!!
líbá
mámča

David said...

Hello Lindsey!
Yes, it was great that my BPR friends got to meet my family. It was quite special.
-David

David said...

Ahoj Mamco!
S Rustinou to docela jde. S kombinaci par Ruskych a hodne Ceskych slov se docela dorozumim.
-David

Anonymous said...

Zdar Dawe

jak se běží? Pozdravuj na východě a bacha na medvědy:o)
Pavel

David said...

Cau Pavle!
Diky ze sledujes muj blog! Bezi se dobre. Ted zrovna muj team bezi vnoci, takze dnes jsem bezel tesne pred pulnoci. Medvedi zatim zadni :-)
Mej se hezky, Mr. Veverka!
-David