WHAT IF I WAS TO TELL YOU THAT 20 JUMBO JETS FULL OF CHILDREN WILL CRASH TODAY, & TOMORROW, & ON & ON...? Would you be concerned? THAT IS WHY WE RUN.

  • Some 6,000 children die every day from disease associated with lack of access to safe drinking water, inadequate sanitation and poor hygiene – equivalent to 20 jumbo jets crashing every day.
  • Water-related illnesses are the leading cause of human sickness and death
  • In the past 10 years, diarrhea has killed more children than all the people lost to armed conflict since World War II.
  • 1.1 billion people in the world do not have access to safe drinking water, roughly one-sixth of the world’s population.
  • PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING: $30 provides safe drinking water for 1 person for a life time! TO DONATE, just follow this link.

Monday, June 18, 2007

About David in Prague

Written by Danielle, PR person for the Blue Planet Run:

Prague is known as the City of 100 Towers, and also as the home town of Blue Planet runner David Christof. The City of Prague welcomed the Blue Planet Run, and its hometown hero, with open arms. Media anticipation for David was so great that fellow runner Mary Chervenak joked that she expected to see billboards of him as she
entered the city!

For David, the Run, and the media interviews, started early. Czech Television arrived in downtown Prague at 3:00 a.m. to capture Prague's most famous runner accept the baton and run through his hometown streets. A flurry of media interviews followed - from a reporter rendezvous in a café to a television interview with Blue Planet Run Founder Jin Zidell in a hotel lobby.

With David's help, we were able to saturate the press with the Blue Planet Run message. We hope that Czech citizens are more aware of clean water issues - and will want to be a part of the solution!

The Run is now making its way through twisty, hilly roads towards Vienna. Everyone is exhausted, but also elated. One of the goals of the Run is to raise awareness of this important issue, and today feels like a home run.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr.David, we are so proud of you and not to mention, we miss seeing you in the office. Good luck. We will keep rooting for you. We'll see ya when you get back.

Staff @ Oxford Medical Health & Wellness Center(aka the chiropractors office).

Unknown said...

I am soooo proud of you David! :) I wish they had Prague TV in good 'ol Oxford, Ohio so I could watch all your fun interviews!!! :)

It sounds like you are really enjoying the run. Keep up the good work and good luck. I miss ya here in Oxford, but you are doing wonderful things with your run! :)

I can't wait to see you run through Denver in August...I can't promise media, but I'll be there!!! :)

Unknown said...

David, it looks like you are an internationally known runner now. I would love to have seen your interview and your parents' reactions to all of this media attention. You're doing a great job. I hope you are enjoying yourself and staying healthy also.
It's been a while since I've checked in on the site because we've been out of town; I can't believe how far you have traveled already.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Maribeth and Karsten

David said...

Greetings from Poland to the Oxford Medical Health & Wellness Center!!!
Thank you for your kind comment. It's great. My knee is almost completely healed and is not giving me any problems. I iced it the first two weeks, but now it seems to be just fine.
I also miss seeing you.
Hope all is well in Oxford!
-David

David said...

Hi Christina!
Yeah, all the interviews in Prague were pretty cool; I couldn't believe it. I am happy that I was able to talk about the water crisis a lot. Yes, it will be great seeing you in Denver, but there are still a lot of miles to be run before we get there.
-David

David said...

Hello Maribeth and Karsten!
Hope all is going well with you. Yes, my parents were quite psyched about all the media attention; I don't think they quite exptected it. Well, I don't think anyone did.
Yes, I am enjoying the Run. It does get hard sometimes with all the traveling, but I just keep remembering how many people suffer because they don't have water, and that makes our run seem really easy in comparison.
Take care!
-David