WHAT IF I WAS TO TELL YOU THAT 20 JUMBO JETS FULL OF CHILDREN WILL CRASH TODAY, & TOMORROW, & ON & ON...? Would you be concerned? THAT IS WHY WE RUN.

  • Some 6,000 children die every day from disease associated with lack of access to safe drinking water, inadequate sanitation and poor hygiene – equivalent to 20 jumbo jets crashing every day.
  • Water-related illnesses are the leading cause of human sickness and death
  • In the past 10 years, diarrhea has killed more children than all the people lost to armed conflict since World War II.
  • 1.1 billion people in the world do not have access to safe drinking water, roughly one-sixth of the world’s population.
  • PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING: $30 provides safe drinking water for 1 person for a life time! TO DONATE, just follow this link.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Questions anyone?

Greetings BPR supporters :-)
This morning I had yet another beautiful run, at 3am floating through Siberia. And, as it always happens on great runs, I had a great idea. I realized that I have not been communicating with you much one on one, and that you probably have questions about the Run. So, please ask away. Post questions/comments after my blog entries. Feel free to ask anything. I know you are out there (I see the number on my page counter growing), so don't be shy. Any comments/questions always lift up my spirits. It gets lonely and longsome over here, and knowing that people are reading from far helps me remember that water is life, and life is good in Asia.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job, keep up the good work. What did you do on your birthday? Bill P.

Ontario Emperor said...

OK, here's a timely question or two. The portion of the run that has fascinated me the most is your trek across Asia. Before you started, what did you expect this portion of the run to be like? When you actually began running this segment, was there anything that surprised you?

Jan said...

Hi David,

thanks for the link to the video from the Czech Republic and Poland!

I recorded video when we followed runners between Benesov and Trebon and will post it soon, together with some pictures. Both I and my wife Faith had terrific time to join the run and we even carried the baton for few miles. What an honor and unforgetable moment. Faith ran with Dot, I joined Laura! Please, say them hi!, I think you are on the team with Dot now. Please, say also hi to Jason (we heard the news!), Simon, Sunila, Lansing, Brynn and Sean! I can't believe that you will be here in San Francisco in two weeks and cannot wait to run with you again!

Jan

Anonymous said...

OH doooooVID b.j. IS HERE AND GOINGG TO SHOW ME AGAIN HOW TO BLOG YOU......ANT SSAlly

David said...

Hello Bill!
On my birthday, I ran 10 miles ( :-), sorry, I had to say that) and then got a pretty cool Russian cake after my run. I was also sung "Happy Birthday" both in Russian and English. It was pretty cool.
-David

David said...

Hello Ontario Emperor (whoever you are)!
To answer your question:
Before the run, I expected it in Asia to be really tough. I expected (for Russia) to have stomach problems, to be sleeping in really bad hotels, and to be it reaaaaally long. Well, it all turned out to be that way, but not as hard as I expected. Don't get me wrong; it was very challening, but still managable. The only surprises were the very bad mosquitos, and the bathrooms in extremely poor conditions. That was for Russia.
As far as Mongolia, China, and Japan... they were all amazing. I loved it. Great experiences. I just added "living in Japan for a year or two" to my possible futures list.
Thanks for your interest in the Run!
-David
-David

David said...

Hi Jan!
Thanks for your comment; I'll see you in San Fran in 2 days!!!
-David

David said...

Hi Aunt Sally!
Thank you for the note; it's always great hearing from you!!!
-David