WHAT IF I WAS TO TELL YOU THAT 20 JUMBO JETS FULL OF CHILDREN WILL CRASH TODAY, & TOMORROW, & ON & ON...? Would you be concerned? THAT IS WHY WE RUN.

  • Some 6,000 children die every day from disease associated with lack of access to safe drinking water, inadequate sanitation and poor hygiene – equivalent to 20 jumbo jets crashing every day.
  • Water-related illnesses are the leading cause of human sickness and death
  • In the past 10 years, diarrhea has killed more children than all the people lost to armed conflict since World War II.
  • 1.1 billion people in the world do not have access to safe drinking water, roughly one-sixth of the world’s population.
  • PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING: $30 provides safe drinking water for 1 person for a life time! TO DONATE, just follow this link.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

BPR Video from Prague!!!!


Hello all! I just found myself a birthday gift. About 5 minutes ago I discovered that the BPR videos were put on YouTube, thus I can share them with you all right here in my blog. Here is the one from Prague (the first minute or so, then it goes to Austria and Poland). For more vidoes from the run, go to youtube.com and search for BluePlanetRun user.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday David! I'm still loving your blogs. Things are same old, same old in Oxford. The new Res Lifers are starting to move in...training starts next week. I miss you and can't wait to read more about your adventures.
Stephanie
P.S. No hair looks good on you ;)

David said...

Hi Stephanie!
Thank you for the birthday wishes. Yes, training is starting on Monday... and I am right in the middle of Russia... Believe it or or not, I already miss Oxford! But in 8 days we'll finally be in Mongolia, and then it will start picking up again-- 4 days Mongolia, 4 days China, 4 days Japan, and then one month in the States. Can't wait to call everyone once in San Francisco on August 1st.
Take care!
-David