WHAT IF I WAS TO TELL YOU THAT 20 JUMBO JETS FULL OF CHILDREN WILL CRASH TODAY, & TOMORROW, & ON & ON...? Would you be concerned? THAT IS WHY WE RUN.

  • Some 6,000 children die every day from disease associated with lack of access to safe drinking water, inadequate sanitation and poor hygiene – equivalent to 20 jumbo jets crashing every day.
  • Water-related illnesses are the leading cause of human sickness and death
  • In the past 10 years, diarrhea has killed more children than all the people lost to armed conflict since World War II.
  • 1.1 billion people in the world do not have access to safe drinking water, roughly one-sixth of the world’s population.
  • PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING: $30 provides safe drinking water for 1 person for a life time! TO DONATE, just follow this link.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Leaving Japan tomorrow

July 31, 11:20am-sitting in a van, one hour before my last 10miler in Asia)
Tomorrow afternoon we’re leaving for the States, and the international part of our Run ends. I have not blogged in the last 10 days, since we left Russia. It’s time again to start. I’ll provide a quick summary, of the last few days, and hopefully soon I can provide more details.
We left Russia with a car accident (all okay… the front axle in our van broke), enjoyed Ulan Bataar (capital of Mongolia), had another car accident on our way out of Ulan Bataar (again, miracously all okay… this time hit by a drunk driver though), spent two days in the Gobi desert with amazing desert running and camping one night and staying in local gers the second night. China was very interesting, with many cars and Beijing being extremely crowded. After flying to Japan, I found myself, at last, in peace. I love Japan. It’s beautiful, respectful, and artistic.
I want to mention that I appreciate all your kind comments to my blog. The last two weeks in Russia were tough… it was getting to me, and my spirits were down at times. Your comments really helped. The good news—my mobile phone will once again be working in the US. Feel free to give me a call (513-255-5880). I am anticipating that I’ll run out of minutes soon, so preferably call between 9pm and 7am when it’s free. Any time in there is fine, since I might be on night shifts again… and I’ll just turn the phone off when I go to bed. If you don’t know me and still want to communicate, feel free to send a text message.
We’re about the start the last third of our Run around the world. I would like to dedicate this entry to Asia. Seeing Mongolia, China, and Japan has opened my eyes to new horizons. New spark has been ignited in me. Water is life, and life is good in Japan.

6 comments:

Dáša said...

Dádo,
jsem tak šťastná, že nejobtížnější část BPR máte ve zdraví za sebou. Těším se na vyprávění o Japonsku, Gobi...
Přeji nám oběma dobrý start 1.8.07. Ze států se jiště ozveš co nějdříve (nehleď na SEČ).
Opatruj se, opatrujte se
mamča

David said...

Ahoj!
Jsem take nesmirne rad ze jsem tu Asii (hlave to Rusko) ve zdravi prezil. Krome asi 14denniho prujmu jsem uplne bez skrabnuti (ani jeden puchyr).
-David

Anonymous said...

Bill & I noticed you were behind both looking forward to talking to you...prrray you got all my messeges.. Went & back from Antiques Road Show...whatta weekend...got lost got foound...Bills antiques were respectfully pricer than mine!!!!Still trying to figure out a way for some one in this family to RUN with ya in Michigan..Hugs ant Sally

Anonymous said...

welcome back to the states! can't wait to get some tea with you and hear all these great stories in person. travel safely and see you in september! Victoria

David said...

Hello Ant Sally!
Yes, thank you, I got all your messages. Also, it would be great if someone from the family could run with me in Michigan. Unfortunately, I won't know what time exactly I will run on a given day until few days before.
-David

David said...

Hello Victoria!
Thank you for the greetings!!! I'll try to give you a call sometime in the next few weeks. Hope all is well with you.
-David